Typically, free-standing placing booms that are installed on lattice towers have to be removed before climbing. Additional lattice towers are added and the placing boom is re-installed. SCP recently designed, manufactured and put into use a custom adaptor that utilises a lattice tower climbing frame to self-climb placing booms installed on the free-standing lattice tower systems.
Benefits of this system are:
- Reduced time for climbing required
- Reduced crane time required for climbing
- Climbing operation is self-sufficient and only requires the crane to lift lattice towers on to the climbing frame
- Complete a concrete pour and climb the placing boom in the same day resulting in programme savings
- Does not require slabs to support the placing boom while climbing
SCP would be please to discuss the advantages and efficiencies a self-climbing, free-standing lattice tower system can provide on your next project.